Saturday, January 26, 2013

Savages, Girls and Spartacus!

Films have been so disappointing in 2012 for the most part...which is why my focus was more on television as there seemed to be more entertaining programming happening there!



With all the hullabaloo about Osama Bin Laden..enemy numero uno for the US I expected a fantastic film with Hollywood magic to boot... but all i can say is ....yawn....


So... when Kathryn Bigelow's name came up as the director for Zero Dark thirty.. naturally I was excited.. considering how fantastic Hurt Locker was



then along come Zero Dark Thirty..


and I wonder where Kathryn's brilliance went...specially since the film has been nominated for several awards...then again anything to do with OBL was bound to get some kind of positive attention 

But a film I saw recently that I did enjoy was Oliver Stone's Savages



very disturbing but enjoyed watching it nonetheless... 



Back to television... Girls is back for a second season on HBO


a very quirky show... and certainly not to be seen around the kids....


and for those of you television junkies... Spartacus is BACK!!


War of the Damned has started... yay to great TV... 


Well these are my ramblings for this time folks... happy viewing.. please leave a comment or write to me at ayeshahalam@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment