Thursday, November 22, 2012

Secret State & Nigellissima


The much hyped Nigellissima finally came and went. The first thing one notices is how many pounds Nigella has lost and she looks fantastic. But then again... she looked fantastic when she was slightly rounder too... she is a beautiful woman. Once I got over how much weight she had lost... a lifelong struggle of mine... I then settled down to the business of learning from one of the best tv chefs I have come across... and tragically I was deeply disappointed. The food and the recipes were mostly ... meh.... that's the only word I can come up with to describe the show. Needless to say I was heartbroken as I was looking forward to showing off some new Nigella recipes and pretend I am a great chef of sorts... but after shows like Nigella Feasts, Nigella Express and all her other cooking shows.. Nigellissima was a bit of a let down. What would have been nicer... perhaps something BBC1 can think about ... is a show where she shared Nigellesque recipes that are low in calories and help us get to losing weight the Express way Nigella style






But a new show that has just started on Channel 4.. a mini series titled Secret State has caught my attention. I just saw it pop up and figured I would give it a go. Gabriel Byrne stars as a deputy prime minister Tom Dawkins, who is thrust to the fore by catastrophic events, and ends up forced to take on the might of the establishment. The first episode has enough intrigue to make me continue to watch the series and to date there have been three episodes aired... so you can still quickly catch up. Should be interesting to see how the series develops but Channel 4 rarely disappoints



No comments:

Post a Comment